Ash Parish Council
ASH In Bloom 2010
Following on from Ash's successes in 2008 and 2009 in both Guildford in Bloom and South and South East in Bloom, Ash Parish Council are holding our very own ASH In Bloom competition. It is intended that ASH In Bloom will encourage residents and schools to make Ash Parish a brighter and greener place in which to live.
So why not join in yourself or nominate a neighbour, friend or other Parish Resident and enter one of the six competition categories and maybe win yourself or nominee a prize.
Judging will take place during July and entry to all categories is FREE. the judges will be particularly looking for use of environmental practices such as peat free soil, composting, water butts and wormeries.
All winners will be invited to attend a presentation ceremony at the Ash Centre on 16th September 2010, where there will be an opportunity to meet other category winners, sponsors andthe judges.
So dig out those gardening gloves and tools or go potty with those plants and get growing for ASH In Bloom.
Rules of Entry
1. Entrants/Nominees must reside in the Parish of Ash.
2. Entry is restricted to one category per property.
3. Entries must be received at the Ash Parish Council Office by Monday 5th July 2010.
4. All entries must be submitted on an official entry form. An entry form is available:
i) in the second edition of the Parish News,
ii) by clicking on the link below,
iii) from the Ash Parish Council Office.
5. Entries may be submitted by the householder/owner or by a third party nominator.
6. Judging will take place, unannouced, during July, after the closing date. You will NOT be notified of a particular day or time. Schools will be judged before the School Summer Holidays.
7. All entries MUST be accessible from the street.
8. Hanging baskets/container/tub entries; please clearly attach your own label to the item you are entering.
For an application form click Application Form.
For more information relating to ASH In Bloom please contact the Ash Parish Council office during normal office hours or ring on 01252 328287.